KG’S OF PLASTIC PACKAGING WASTE YOU HAVE HELPED SAVE FROM LANDFILL BY BUYING BULK
By choosing to buy bulk and recycling your containers, not only can you buy as much or as little as you want, you are also making the decision to make a difference. Since 2018, in the short time we have been open, our customers have already made an impact.
Canadians make up less than 0.5 per cent of the global population, we use 1.4 per cent of all plastic produced.
That’s approx. 1 Million football fields each year if you stood the bottles up and covered every blade of grass.
Choose to refuse single-use plastic, here are 10 really easy tips to help you get started!
1. CARRY A REUSABLE WATER BOTTLE
2. BUY AS LITTLE OR AS MUCH AS YOU NEED IN BULK
3. BRING YOUR OWN COFFEE CUP OR MUG.
4. DO NOT USE PLASTIC PRODUCE BAGS.
5. ‘SAY NO!’ TO PLASTIC STRAWS & CUTLERY
6. STOCK YOUR PANTRY USING GLASS JARS
7. BRING YOUR OWN SHOPPING BAG
8. REFILL YOUR OWN JARS & CONTAINERS
9. MAKE FOOD FROM SCRATCH
10. REUSE FIRST THEN RECYCLE
At The Source Bulk Foods you can buy as much or as little as you need in bulk, this style of shopping not only reduces the use of unecessary packaging, but also reduces food wastage.